What is an API?
An API or Application Programming Interface is mainly a set of programming instructions or standards for accessing a web based app. An API acts basically as a software to software interface enabling apps to interact without any user knowledge or intervention. APIs are instrumental in helping the main application spread into others and increasing user reach.
In the world of app development today, almost all powerful apps are powered by numerous highly specialized APIs, each API developed to serve a specific function for delivering stunning results. Further development of an API- enabled application can be carried out using the API itself.How can a well thought out strategy for API development benefit your business?
- Custom API development enables web communities to create an open architecture enabling the sharing of content and data between apps and communities.
- Quite simply, developing APIs for your business enables you to dynamically share and post content created at a particular location, to multiple locations around the web instantaneously!
- Custom API development finds great utility in developing stronger organization-customer relationships. They provide you with the ability to interact innovatively with your customers even when they are not on your website!
- Publishing an API helps develop a stronger brand status for your company.
- API development is a smart way to build strategic alliances with other businesses. Other businesses can utilize APIs developed by you to provide specialized services to their clients and share revenue with your company for using your ‘resources’.
ABVISCO is capable of highly specialized API development. We can build high performance APIs suited to varying business models and ensuring their seamless integration with powerful business apps. We provide full REST/JSON based API implementation and related apps with best practices. The entire process of API development followed at ABVISCO is thoroughly planned and well structured. The end product more than fits your needs perfectly!